domingo, 22 de noviembre de 2015

BASIC ACTIVITIES UNIT 1






VOCABULARY
Countries and nationalities
1. Find and circle ten countries.
U
T
R
O
M
A
N
I
A
C
S
H
B
F
R
A
N
C
E
O
Z
E
J
B
R
U
S
S
I
A
T
U
C
O
L
O
M
B
I
A
H
S
D
R
B
R
A
Z
I
L
E
A
D
K
C
H
I
N
A
Y
U
A
F
V
M
V
C
R
Y
H
K
G
M
H
S
P
A
I
N
N
I
T
P
O
L
A
N
D
E
K
M
O
R
O
C
C
O
E
U
D

2. Match the countries to the nationalities in the box.
Brazilian   Romanian   British     Polish            Colombian   French   Moroccan   Japanese        Russian           Spanish       Chinese           American

Countries
Nationalities
the USA
1.  _________________
Brazil
2.  _________________
the UK
3.  _________________
China
4.  _________________
Colombia
5.  _________________
France
6.  _________________
Japan
7.  _________________
Morocco
8.  _________________
Poland
9.  _________________
Romania
10.  _________________
Russia
11.  _________________
Spain
12.  _________________




3. Underline the correct words.
I’m from the UK. I’m the UK / British.
1. Beyoncé is from the USA. She’s the USA / American.
2. My friend is from Romania. She’s Romanian / Romania.
3. Rice is from China. It’s Chinese / China.
4. Neymar is from Brazil. He’s Brazilian / Brazil.
5. Shakira is from Colombia. She’s Colombia / Colombian.
GRAMMAR
be: present simple
4. Complete the table with the correct forms of the verb be. Remember the apostrophe (’) in the contracted forms.
Affirmative
Negative
Questions
Short answers
Im

I’m not
Am ______ ?

Yes, I _______.
No, I’m _______.
You’re
You aren’t
______ you ?

Yes, you _______.
No, you _______.
He’s
She _______
It _______

He isn’t
She _______
It _______

Is _______ ?
Is _______?
Is _______ ?
Yes, he / she / it  _______.
No, he / she / it _______.
We’re
You _______
They  _______

We aren’t
You _______
They _______
Are _______ ?
Are _______ ?
Are _______ ?
Yes, we / you / they _______.
No, we / you / they _______.

5. Underline the correct words.
They are / is from the USA.
1. London is / are in the UK.
2. We am / are Chinese.
3. She is / are from Poland.
4. I am / is French.



6. Underline the correct words.
Marvel comics aren’t Chinese. They’re / aren’t American.
1. Bill is from Warsaw. He’s / ’isn’t Polish.
2. Jan is / isn’t Spanish. He’s Colombian.
3. I’m from Romania. I’m / ’m not Romanian.
4. My sister is 13. She’s / isn’t 14.
5. We’re from Brazil. We’re / aren’t Colombian.
WRITING
7. Complete the blog entry with the words in the box.
my     am     Colombian     from      he       is     name  

Hi,
My friend and I want to join the technology club.  My name (1) ___________ David. I (2) ___________ fifteen years old and I am (3)___________ Spain. My favourite game is Need for Speed.
My friend’s (4) ___________ is Ramón. (5) _________ is fourteen and he is (6) ___________. His favourite game is Zelda.
Thank you,
David

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario